Hand fillers is an effective method for addressing deformations such as wrinkles, dryness, and volume loss in the hands. It is a non-surgical procedure that provides quick results. By rejuvenating the outer surface of the hands, hand fillers can create a youthful, vibrant, and smooth appearance.
What is Hand Filler?
Hands are one of the most frequently used and easily prone to damage parts of the body. Various factors such as genetics, aging, accidents or illnesses, sun exposure, and prolonged water exposure can lead to wrinkles, dryness, peeling, volume loss, and changes in skin color on the hands. These deformations can be effectively addressed through a non-surgical method called hand filler, which helps restore a youthful and smooth texture to the hands.
Hand fillers are typically administered through two methods. The first method involves using dermal fillers consisting of nourishing and beneficial natural substances. Dermal fillers, composed of various ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, vitamins, amino acids, and peptides, are injected under the skin to stimulate collagen production. The second method is fat injection, which involves extracting excess fat from the person’s body through liposuction and processing it for use as a filler material in the hands.
What Deformations Can Occur in the Hands?
The hands can experience various deformations due to different factors. The most common deformations include:
- Formation of wrinkles and lines on the back of the hands
- Thinning of the skin on the back of the hands, leading to the prominence of bones
- Visible veins on the back of the hands
- Loss of volume and sagging in the hands
- Peeling, dryness, and flakiness in the hands
- Changes in skin color and the presence of brown spots on the hands
- Dullness and pale appearance in the hands
All these deformations in the hands can be addressed with hand fillers.
Who is a Candidate for Hand Fillers?
Hand fillers are suitable for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older
- Not pregnant or in the breastfeeding period
- Individuals without allergic sensitivities or chronic conditions
- For fat injection, individuals with excess fat tissue in their bodies
- Individuals who are unhappy with the appearance of their hands and desire hand aesthetics
- Individuals who prefer non-surgical procedures or cannot undergo surgery for various reasons
What Are the Benefits of Hand Fillers?
Hand fillers offer the following benefits:
- Reduction of wrinkles and line formation on the hands, resulting in smooth, bright, and vibrant hands
- Restoration of volume in the hands, achieving a youthful appearance
- Correction of discoloration, restoring the hands to their natural color
- Improvement of dryness and flakiness, resulting in moisturized and soft skin
- Enhancement of the overall aesthetics of the hands, boosting self-confidence
- Easy and convenient procedure with fast results
- No harmful effects associated with hand fillers as both dermal fillers and fat injection are composed of natural ingredients
- Non-surgical procedure without the need for general anesthesia or incisions
How is Hand Filler Administered?
The administration of hand fillers is similar for both dermal fillers and fat fillers. Prior to the procedure, the hand area is numbed using a local anesthetic cream. The filler substance is then injected in small amounts into the necessary areas of the hands using a fine-tipped syringe to ensure minimal damage to the skin. The hand filler procedure can be performed on both hands or only one hand based on individual needs. The entire procedure usually takes around 15-20 minutes. After the treatment, individuals can immediately return to their daily activities.
What Precautions Should Be Taken After Hand Filler Treatment?
After hand filler treatment, it is important to follow these precautions:
- Consume an adequate amount of water.
- Avoid direct water contact with the treated area for the first 24 hours.
- Refrain from washing hands with hot water and avoid steamy environments such as baths and saunas for the first week.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Refrain from smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Apply cold compress if swelling or redness occurs.
- Protect the treated area from any impact or strenuous activities.
- Avoid using cosmetics or massaging the treated area for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid sleeping on the treated hand.
When Will the Effects of Hand Fillers Be Visible?
The effects of hand fillers are noticeable immediately after the treatment. However, some temporary swelling, redness, or mild side effects may occur. It takes about a week for these effects to subside and the fillers to settle completely. The visible improvement in the hands can vary after each session, and the desired results are typically achieved after a series of treatments.
Is Hand Filler Permanent?
Hand fillers, like most dermal fillers, are not permanent. The longevity of the fillers depends on various factors, including individual metabolism, mobility of the treated area, genetic factors, and age. On average, dermal fillers last around 1-1.5 years, while fat injection can last for 2-3 years. If desired, the fillers can be re-administered once they are naturally absorbed by the body, extending the duration of their effects.
Are There Risks Associated with Hand Fillers?
When administered by experienced plastic surgeons or dermatologists, both dermal fillers and fat fillers pose no risks. The suitability of fillers for an individual is determined during a consultation, and the procedure is not performed if there are any contraindications. The amount of filler and the specific injection sites are determined based on individual needs and to ensure the absence of any adverse effects. It is important to undergo hand filler procedures with qualified and experienced professionals in authorized clinics, medical centers, or hospitals approved by the Ministry of Health.
Is Hand Filler Only for Women?
Although hand care and aesthetics are often associated with women, men also require hand care and may seek solutions for deformations. Particularly men who use their hands extensively in their work may be concerned about the aesthetic appearance of their hands and look for ways to address deformations. The application of hand fillers in men may focus more on achieving a masculine and structured appearance, considering the bone structure of the hands.
Can Hand Fillers Be Administered in the Palm?
Hand fillers are typically administered on the back of the hands, the outer part. Botulinum toxin injections are commonly used in the palm area to address excessive sweating. However, fillers can be used for volume loss or sagging in the palm area if necessary. Since this is not a commonly encountered situation, the suitability of fillers and the required amount can be determined during a consultation.
Does Hand Filler Cause Pain?
Hand fillers are administered using local anesthesia, so there is no pain or discomfort during the procedure. After the treatment, individuals may experience tingling, itching, or numbness due to the injection, but these effects typically disappear within a few days. Severe pain after hand filler treatment is not common.
Which Specialist Should Perform Hand Filler Procedures?
Hand filler procedures should be performed by qualified plastic surgeons or dermatologists. Non-medical individuals should not administer these procedures. To ensure safety and avoid unsatisfactory results, hand filler procedures should be conducted in clinics, medical centers, or hospitals approved by the Ministry of Health.
What is the Price of Hand Fillers?
The price of hand fillers depends on the type of filler used, the amount of filler required, the quality of materials, and the experience of the practitioner. Compared to surgical procedures and the benefits obtained from improving the appearance of the hands, hand fillers are considered cost-effective. The specific price can be determined based on the individual’s needs and the amount of filler required during a consultation.