Fat injection to buttocks, also known as buttock augmentation, is a procedure that enhances the appearance of the buttocks, making them more attractive and allowing individuals to carry their clothing more beautifully. The buttock area is significant for women as it contributes to a proportional and voluptuous body appearance while increasing sex appeal. With fat injection to the buttocks, it is also possible to eliminate excess fat from other areas of the body, providing a dual benefit. Through this procedure, the buttocks achieve a youthful, firm, and fuller appearance. Fat injection to buttocks is a popular aesthetic procedure due to its ease of application.
What is Fat Injection to Buttocks?
Fat injection to buttocks is a procedure performed on individuals who complain of volume loss, sagging, and laxity in the buttock area. Factors such as genetics, aging, significant weight fluctuations, accidents, or illnesses can result in small, sagging, or disproportionate buttocks. Fat injection to buttocks allows the buttocks to reach the desired size and attain a firmer, lifted, and fuller appearance. The famous voluminous and full buttock appearance known as the Brazilian butt lift is achieved through fat injection to buttocks.
Who is a Candidate for Fat Injection to Buttocks?
Fat injection to buttocks can be performed on both women and men who desire to enhance the fullness of their buttocks. The following conditions must be met for fat injection to buttocks:
- Being at least 18 years old
- Not being pregnant or in the breastfeeding period
- Having excess fat in another area of the body for fat harvest
- Having no contraindications for liposuction
- Not having chronic illnesses or allergic reactions
- Not being obese and having a body mass index below 30
Benefits of Buttock Fat Injection
Buttock fat injection provides the following benefits:
- Achieves proportional and fuller buttocks, enhancing the overall body shape.
- Creates a curvaceous and voluptuous appearance of the buttocks.
- Quick and easy procedure with a fast recovery time.
- Enhances sex appeal and boosts self-confidence.
- Helps remove excess fat from other areas of the body, resulting in a more sculpted and fit physique.
- Utilizes the body’s own natural fat, making it a safe and low-risk procedure with no side effects.
- The injected fat can be replenished as needed when natural fat absorption occurs.
- Leaves no visible scars in the buttock area.
- Provides a more aesthetic and attractive buttock appearance, positively impacting social interactions.
- Improves satisfaction and confidence in sexual relationships.
- Cost-effective compared to surgical buttock augmentation procedures.
How is Buttock Fat Injection Performed?
The process of buttock fat injection involves the following steps:
The patient’s body is assessed, and the areas from which fat will be harvested are identified. Typically, fat is obtained from the abdomen or inner thighs. The procedure is performed under general or local anesthesia, depending on the patient’s preference and the surgeon’s recommendation. Small incisions are made in the designated areas to insert tiny cannulas for fat harvesting using Vaser liposuction. Vaser liposuction utilizes ultrasound energy to break down and remove excess fat from the donor sites. The harvested fat is processed and prepared for injection.
The buttock area is numbed with a local anesthetic cream, and the prepared fat is injected into specific points to achieve the desired volume and shape.
Additional injections may be performed in the surrounding areas of the buttocks if needed.
The buttock area is sculpted by hand to ensure even distribution of the injected fat.
The entire procedure typically takes around 1-1.5 hours.
Recovery Process after Buttock Fat Injection
After the procedure, the patient may be discharged on the same day or may need to stay in the hospital overnight, depending on individual factors and the surgeon’s recommendation. Swelling, redness, and mild bruising may occur in the buttock area. Pain medication is typically not necessary, and the patient can return to their daily activities after approximately five days of rest at home. The final results, including reduced swelling and optimal shape, are typically noticeable within 1-2 weeks. It takes around 3-4 months for the buttocks to fully achieve the desired shape and for any fat absorption (approximately 30%) to occur.
Post-Procedure Care for Buttock Fat Injection
The following precautions should be taken after buttock fat injection:
- Avoid sitting for the first four days after the procedure and sleep on your stomach.
- Protect the buttock and hip area from any impact or trauma.
- Wear the provided compression garment for approximately 1.5 months.
- Use a special cushion for sitting after the initial four days.
- Stay hydrated by consuming plenty of water.
- Apply ice packs to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Avoid high-heat environments such as steam rooms, saunas, and tanning beds.
- Avoid hot baths.
- Do not massage, scratch, or rub the buttock area.
- Avoid intense activities and exercises.
- Start with slow-paced walking after the first 24 hours.
Is Buttock Fat Injection Permanent?
After buttock fat injection, approximately 30% of the transferred fat may be absorbed within the first 6 months. To compensate for this loss, an excess amount of fat is typically injected. Subsequent fat loss occurs at a slower rate, influenced by factors such as metabolism, weight fluctuations, and aging. On average, the effects of buttock fat injection last around 2-3 years. If desired, the longevity can be extended by undergoing additional fat injections.
Does Buttock Fat Injection Leave Scars?
Since buttock fat injection is performed without incisions or stitches and solely through the use of a syringe, no scars are left in the buttock or hip area. There are no visible indications that the procedure has been performed once the effects of the fat grafting have fully developed.
How Much Does the Buttock Grow with Fat Injection?
During buttock fat injection, an average of 400 ml of fat is injected into each buttock. The specific amount varies depending on factors such as the individual’s body structure, desired buttock appearance, and available fat for transfer. Up to 700 ml of fat can be transferred to each buttock.
Is Buttock Fat Injection Performed on Men?
Although buttock fat transfer is commonly performed on women, it can also be performed on men. In men, buttock volume deficiency due to genetic factors, previous illnesses, or accidents can lead to an undesirable appearance. The fat injection in men aims to create flatter and more masculine contours.
Is Buttock Fat Injection Risky?
When performed by an experienced plastic surgeon, buttock fat injection does not carry significant risks. During the consultation, the individual’s medical history, allergies, and chronic conditions are evaluated. If a person is deemed unsuitable for liposuction or fat injection, the procedure will not be performed. When applied to suitable candidates, buttock fat injection poses minimal health risks and does not cause the development of cancer, tumors, or cysts.
Is Buttock Fat Injection Painful?
Anesthesia is used during buttock fat injection, so the procedure itself is not painful. There is typically no pain or discomfort in the buttock area after the procedure. Tingling, itching, or numbness sensations may be experienced in the buttock area, but they usually subside within 3-4 days. If any pain occurs in the liposuction area, the doctor may recommend the use of pain medication.
What is the Cost of Buttock Fat Injection?
The cost of buttock fat injection depends on various factors, including the size of the treated area, the amount of fat to be transferred, the surgeon’s experience, and the quality of materials used. Compared to surgical buttock augmentation procedures, buttock fat injection is considered a cost-effective option. The most accurate pricing information can be obtained during a consultation with a plastic surgeon.